Henkel invests in Innovation Center in Shanghai and reinforces global footprint in China
Henkel today announced the construction of a new Adhesive Technologies Innovation Center in Shanghai. With an investment of more than 60 million Euro (RMB 500 million), the state-of-the-art facility will transform Henkel’s current Zhangjiang site into an Innovation Center for China and Asia-Pacific. The new site will also strengthen the position of Henkel Adhesive Technologies to serve a variety of industries and develop leading adhesives, sealants and functional coatings solutions for customers in the region.
Henkel helps partners comply with the Charter of Trust for paper straw regulations in Europe
The importance of sustainability, when it comes to convenience products like drinking straws is increasing steadily for consumers as well as regularity bodies and legislation. Hence, suiting alternatives for single use plastics like paper straws are on high demand. On 24th March the Charter of Trust for paper straws was launched by 360° Foodservice, an association which Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a member of.
Henkel reports strong start to fiscal 2021
- Group sales show significant organic growth of +7.7 percent to around 5 billion euros, nominal growth of +0.8 percent adversely affected by currency headwinds
- All business units report organic sales growth:
- Adhesive Technologies with double-digit organic sales growth of +13.0 percent, nominal +6.7 percent
- Beauty Care reports good organic sales growth of +2.3 percent, nominal -1.1 percent
- Laundry & Home Care records very strong organic sales growth of +4.1 percent, nominal -5.6 percent
- Emerging markets with double-digit organic sales growth of +18.5 percent, mature markets grow +0.5 percent
- Henkel raises guidance for fiscal 2021:
- Organic sales growth: +4.0 to +6.0 percent
- EBIT margin*: 14.0 to 15.0 percent
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)*: Increase in the high single-digit to mid-teens percentage range at constant exchange rates