At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
This position serves as the manager for the product safety group for Henkel’s HCB (Beauty and Laundry) in North America. The individual assuming this role will develop, implement, and manage safety assessment practices supporting HCB and the team assuming those responsibilities per category. The individual will lead “state of the science” solutions to safeguard the consumer and meet or exceed the industry standards and consumer expectations for product safety in North America and select global geographies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical leadership for toxicological evaluations, testing strategies, and documentation of product safety assurance for new product development projects
· Manage a team of toxicologist on daily tasks and ensure they have development plans in place.
· Utilize industry standard approaches and leverage currently available science to conduct toxicological human health risk assessments for raw materials, formulas, product formats, and contaminants
· Partner with Corporate Product Safety, Regulatory, Formulations, Marketing, Consumer Insights and Legal to provide product safety guidance throughout the product development process
· Provide scientific leadership and transparency of internal safety assurance practices to stakeholders (both internal and external) to support consumer confidence in Henkel’s products
o Provide subject matter expertise to the Regulatory and Packaging teams related to cautionary language, safety statements and safe packaging design
o Lead Henkel position in trade association safety-related committees.
o Review and provide subject matter expertise related to consumer exposure complaints
o Understand “state of science” for home cleaning toxicology and safety assurance practices, via trade association/alliance participation as directed by leadership; Monitor and address issues of concern; Monitor emerging issues
o Collaborate with management in interfacing with regulatory authorities and customers regarding product safety questions or issues