At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
The Senior Project Engineer -- Sustainability is responsible for evaluation, development, designing and execution of projects to reduce energy, water and utility usage along with waste generation in North America. This position will play a key role in achieving Henkel’s Sustainability 2030 targets -- zero CO2 emission from operations, zero waste water discharge and zero production waste.
- Serve as Capital Project Engineer and Sustainability subject matter resource responsible for sustainability project development and implementation for adhesive manufacturing facilities across North America.
- Duties include development of capital project scope, preparation of cost estimates, feasibility studies and investment submittals, management of budgets and schedules, project management, supervision of contractors, oversight of equipment installation and equipment startup and commissioning.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to assess impacts of projects on the natural and built environment.
- Complete a variety of engineering assignments throughout a project's life cycle, applying sustainability concepts and analysis techniques to planning, design, construction, and operational activities.
- Deliverables may be project or site specific or support broader Environment Social Governance (ESG) initiatives, as required by Henkel Corporation.
- Performs and manages various aspects of complex planning, design, and construction of sustainable and other industrial site activities.
- Prepares and assembles documentation in support of third-party project-specific or programmatic/corporate sustainability and ESG frameworks (e.g., LEED, Envision, GRI, SASB).
- Implements Henkel Adhesive Operations and project-specific engineering procedures in the preparation of drawings, calculations, and other sustainability deliverables.
- Provides management, oversight, and mentorship to junior level staff in their performance of technical tasks related to sustainability.
- Will support North America Henkel Adhesive Operation Sustainability Manager for tasks related to corporate sustainability initiatives, e.g., policy and process development.