At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Manage 24/7 QC laboratory ensuring that we deliver on all Safety, Quality, Productivity objectives.
- Directly supervise 2 Laboratory Supervisors and 1 Quality Engineer
- Drives Quality strategy and targets by tracking, reporting, and taking action on Key Performance Indicators for the Quality Lab
- Collects all customer requirements in the global database with customer approval
- Ensures manufacturing or production processes are meeting international and national standards
- Leads customer complaint reporting and monitors supplier quality complaints and issues actively
- Works closely with Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams to address global customer requirements including audits, standards and targets
- Steers best practices to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Defines quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff Sets up and maintains controls and documentation procedures Monitors performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports Steers and organizes quality training
- Leads teams and participates in problem solving using 8d, A3, and similar problem-solving methodologies.
- Experience leading/implementing a strong Lab Safety Cutlure
- BS degree required, MBA or Master of Science degree strongly preferred
- Must have the ability to organize and execute plans methodically, work well with direct reports and all other divisional personnel
- 7+ year's experience directly supervising quality operations in an ISO or similarly regulated environment.
- Excellent relationship building, communication, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated success in leading teams of problem-solvers with a balance of reactive and proactive quality efforts.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, peers, and leadership team
- Exceptional working knowledge of probability and statistical models
- Ability to travel as needed (10%)
- Quality certification (i.e. CQE, CMQ/OE, and/or CSSBB)
- Thorough understanding of quality standards ISO9000/140001, AS9100/9102, TS16949, and NADCAP
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The salary for this role is $125,000 - $145,000 This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.