Germany, Düsseldorf, DX
Senior Data Platform Engineer (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of 50,000 pioneers around the globe. The teams in our corporate functions enable the best in our dynamic businesses and in our people to maximize our company’s potential. With our leading brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- We want you to be the leading expert on digital standards and technologies for our service-oriented data platform
- Evaluating new technologies, validating all business, functional and operational requirements of current and future platform components for maximum efficiency of the platform
- You consult with digital product teams for analytical use cases to leverage the maximum platform potential
- You own platform services and technical, functional standards and compliance processes for the relevant platform technology applied in any digital product across the entire enterprise, e.g. SME for Databricks
- Evaluate, develop and own cloud computing services related to operational requirements incl. hybrid cloud scenarios with co-location, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS types in order to transform frameworks or accelerators into data platform services
- For best platform adoption you join digital product teams to ensure performance, flexibility, scalability and built platform service that fit to the requirements
- Leverage deep knowledge of the complex digital environment to assess and evaluate technology trends and innovations for dx platform strategy, platform roadmap incl. the execution of PoCs or technology reviews
- Work on partnerships with global leaders in digital technology to identify additional enhancements for our platform components proactively. E.g. Microsoft, Google, etc.
- Excellent university degree in computer science (economics), information systems, technical engineering or comparable disciplines
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in consulting for data and analytics use cases, ideally in enterprise scale data warehouse or data lake deployments, data mesh or lake house architecture experience preferred
- Service management or project lead experience for analytical products or BI implementation projects
- Broad experience with cloud-based data and analytical technologies
- Experience with hybrid cloud deployments, Azure preferred
- Very good knowledge and consulting experience in modern data platform architecture and concepts, i.e. data mesh, modern data warehouse
- Detailed knowledge and consulting experience for multiple analytics software products, i.e. Fabric/Synapse, Databricks, SQL Server, Snowflake, Teradata, Tableau, Dremio
- Good moderation and negotiation skills including very good practical knowledge of agile methodology
- Excellent English language skills, German is a plus
- Exceptional initiative and strong analytical thinking
- Ability to drive innovation and to solve complex tasks in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Effective communication and persuasion skills
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.