Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Start-up Scout (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Identify external innovation, mainly through startups that help Henkel Adhesive Technology to get access to new innovative technologies for our Core Business (focus on bonding, sealing, functional coating), expand our technology plaftforms/portfolio and enter New Business model opportuities
- Screen deal flow from different sources to identify relevant startup longlists for prioritized search fields
Evaluate startups according to pre-defined criteria
- Discuss startups with the relevant business stakeholders from our Strategic Business Units (Core Business), Business Accelerators (New Technology Platforms) or Central Innovation unit (focus on New Business Models and Business Building)
- Closely collaborate with Strategic Partnering function (in the same organization) and business stakeholders to facilitate startup collaborations/partnering
- If strategically applicable, initiate investment process
- Contribute content and drive process for all relevant senior mgmt. Meetings (incl. Standardized investment boards)
- Represent Adhesive Technologies and our CVC activities at various external events and shape our presence and collaboration options creatively as an entrepreneur
- Contribute to the (strategic) development of our CVC team and activities and take over leadership responsibility
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in (Corporate) Venture Capital and/or Technology Scouting
- International work experience and good grasp of global Venture Capital trends
- Strong technical access / understanding
- Strong track record and savviness in disruptive innovation/business building with startups and network in VC industry/ecosystem
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership track record (also with cross-functional teams and in a matrix environment)
- Broader experience with diverse business functions such as strategy, business development, marketing, sales, etc. in a customer centric organization
- Strong strategic skills and abilities to understand different business models quickly and assess them
- Excellent stakeholder management and strong communication skills and ability to facilitate decisions with top management and potential business partners and local start-ups
- Ideally, experience in entrepreneurship and building up and deploying New Business with the support of start-ups
- Ideally, prior experience and savviness at the interface of chemistry/material science and (digital) New Business Models
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to gender, origin, culture, mindset, generation, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.