- Donation of 2 million euros to WHO/UN Foundation COVID-19 fund and selected organizations
- Donation of 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products
- Production of disinfectants in Henkel plants
- Flexible payment terms for hairdressers
- Ensuring health and safety of employees on site and working from home
Mar 24, 2020 Düsseldorf / Germany
Henkel launches comprehensive global solidarity program to support employees, customers and affected communities
Henkel has announced a comprehensive global solidarity program to support employees, customers and communities facing the global COVID-19 pandemic. The program consists of:
- Donation to WHO/UN Foundation fund and other organizations: An amount of two million euros will be donated to different funds and organizations to help fight the pandemic. The Fritz Henkel Foundation will donate one million euros directly to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations (UN) Foundation. This donation will help to provide protective equipment for frontline health workers, equip diagnostic laboratories, improve data collection and analysis, establish and maintain intensive care units as well as to accelerate research and development of potential vaccines and therapeutics. In addition, one million euros will be distributed by the Fritz Henkel Foundation globally to different organizations and partners as well as to support the personal commitment and voluntary engagement of employees fighting the crisis.
- Donation of personal and household hygiene products: Henkel will also donate 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products globally. This includes hand sanitizers, soaps and protective equipment as well as detergents, disinfectants and other household cleaning products. Henkel’s corporate citizenship team will implement these donations in close coordination with charity organizations, local authorities and partners around the world.
- Shifting production facilities to produce disinfectants: In addition, Henkel plans to produce disinfectants in selected production sites. The products are intended to help public institutions and professional groups in the fight against the coronavirus.
- Improved payment terms for selected business partners: Henkel will also consider improved payment terms for small and mid-sized hairdressers to support them during the current challenging situation.
- Ongoing crisis management and safety measures for employees: Since the onset of the crisis, Henkel has addressed the situation proactively through its crisis management teams on country, regional and global level. The primary objective of the crisis management is to do everything possible to ensure the safety of employees, customers and business partners and to maintain operations under these challenging circumstances.
“At Henkel, we are committed to help addressing this unprecedented challenge. In line with our values, we want to make a contribution through a comprehensive global solidarity program,” said Carsten Knobel, Chief Executive Officer of Henkel. “We stand united in our fight against the pandemic, striving to protect our employees and their jobs, serving our customers and supporting the communities in which we operate.”
“I would also like to thank our global and local crisis teams which have been active since the coronavirus began to spread. For our employees who continue to work on site to maintain our operations we have taken extra measures to reduce infection risks. For example, strict protocols in case of suspected infections, increased hygiene, separating shifts and reducing the number of employees working on site by requesting home office work wherever possible.”
As part of Henkel’s global solidarity program, the Fritz Henkel foundation will donate 2 million euros to aid funds and organizations.