At Henkel, Corporate Citizenship is our way of “Making Society Future-fit”: with our activities, we empower people through education that provides them with the skillsets and competencies that lead to innovative ideas, sustainable behavior, and new digital solutions. We work together with our employees and retirees, customers, consumers, and NGOs to actively contribute to social progress and give back to our communities contributions that improve our society and adhere to our purpose and corporate values.
Deeply embedded in our corporate culture is the drive and character of Corporate Citizenship to go beyond our core daily business and make a voluntary social commitment. With these efforts, we are letting our communities know with more than words that we are Pioneers at Heart for the Good of Generations.
Discover the three areas in which we organize our engagement:
We take responsibility for the good of generations. Building on the integrity inherent to a family-owned business, we leverage the unique Henkel spirit by entering into social partnerships in the communities where we live and where Henkel operates to support social initiatives and public institutions.
Volunteering is the lifeblood of our social commitment. When we get active on personal level, the impact can be life-changing! That is why we support our employees, retirees and teams in their social volunteering activities that contribute to a better world.
Henkel provides emergency relief in the event of natural disasters and pandemics by giving immediate aid to people placed in urgent need due to an unexpected crisis. Henkel and its employees have donated numerous products and financial support to people in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Corporate Citizenship Indonesia
Henkel Indonesia employees are also strong advocates of giving back to the community, and have been involved in several social projects over the past years.
Henkel drives progress in sustainability with improvements in climate protection and social engagement
- Climate protection: Share of renewable electricity use at production sites worldwide climbs to 70 percent, reducing CO2-emissions by 55 percent (per ton of product)
- Circular economy: Further progress towards 100 percent recyclable and reusable packaging
- Social engagement: Solidarity program of 6 million euros for victims of Ukraine war
- Gender Parity Ambition: Further increasing share of women in management positions
- “Sustainability Pioneers”: Global employee engagement program successfully rolled out
Henkel collaborates with Teens Go Green Indonesia on environmental protection camp for youths
With the support from Henkel Indonesia, Teens Go Green Indonesia concluded the successful set up of the Youth Climate Action Camp 2022 in September. Henkel Indonesia donated about EUR 4,200 (62 million IDR) via this educational activity that engaged Indonesian youth through social media, virtual climate training sessions and a four-day camp in Pramuka Island, Thousand Islands.
Strong sustainability performance in 2021 and new ambitions set for 2030 and beyond
- Strong performance and improvements across key dimensions in 2021
- Evolved sustainability strategy: 2030+ Sustainability Ambition Framework
- Introducing new ambitions, including moving up climate positivity in production from 2040 to 2030
Henkel Indonesia supports campaign against plastic waste
In support of the global “Plastic Free July” initiative, Henkel Indonesia sponsored Teens Go Green Indonesia on their campaign to rally youth to tackle the issue of plastic waste. Participants attended awareness presentations and interacted with experts over Instagram Live sessions and a Webinar.
Henkel launches comprehensive global solidarity program to support employees, customers and affected communities
- Donation of 2 million euros to WHO/UN Foundation COVID-19 fund and selected organizations
- Donation of 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products
- Production of disinfectants in Henkel plants
- Flexible payment terms for hairdressers
- Ensuring health and safety of employees on site and working from home